发信人: xlitx (xli), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Re: Psy-IV experiences
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Mon Jan 19 14:19:04 2009)
Austin education program impression
A good program in many aspects. Multiple different rotation sites, a variety
of patient population: from highly functional people to chronically ill
patients. Very laid back program. Average about 4 calls per month in PGY-I,
including one overnight call, 2 long calls and 1 short call.
It seems to have both psychopharmacology and psychotherapy, CBT and DBT are
A relatively new program but fast growing. Expected to be affiliated with UT
system in the future. The program director acted in office about 4 years
ago. She is also essentially the chair of the department. She seems to be
very energetic. Since the new PD started, most of their residents are AMGs.
Before that, almost all the residents are IMGs.
Austin is a good city to live in. less traffic than Houston or Dallas. A lot
of cultural events go on in the city. Good school district.
The only downside is that the research is not strong. You could do some
elective on research in the 4th year. There are some research activities in
UT-Austin Pharmacy, Dell children’s center etc.
I had 4 interviewers.
1. Tell me how you got into medicine;
2. How you got into Psychiatry;
3. What is the discouraging part of medicine?
4. Do you have specific interest in any part of medicine or any specific
patient of population?
5. What do you see yourself in 4 years/15 years?
6. Which part of medicine make you feel good or some question like that.
7. Tell me something about Psychiatry in China.
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 139.52.]