发信人: lzumc2008 (麦地MyHoney), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Just some lessons that I want to share with you:-)
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Sun Jan 11 21:35:44 2009)
1. If u aim at match 2010, take CS before end of June, take CK no later than
early August. take step1 before ck and cs,---> make sure u get ur ECFMG certificate before 09/01/2009. Do not copy me( I got my ECFMG certificate on Christmas Eve, it is too late!)
2. start OB at least before or around march, after 3 months ob, should feel
comfortable to ask for their LoR. make sure ask them to mail those LoRs at early July.
3. write ur own PS, but make sure to pay some professionals to make some
change for you.
4. Apply at ERAS on 09/01/2009. Some programs told me that they do not
accept new applications once it reaches certain numbers.
5. Once get ur email IV invitation, if u need to call, call them right away
to schedule your IV date, do not wait for the last minute to schedule it.
6. Be yourself during your IVs.(One chairman told me that he likes my
7. Practice your IVs, do some Mock interviews. (Btw, I did not practice with
anyone, but u guys do not learn from me:-))
8. Prepare lots of IV questions, and write down the answers in order to
9. Do not be panic by those medical questions. Some programs asked me a lot
of medical questions, I did not know any of them, but it is ok, they still give me the prematch. Be honest on these question.
10. Nothern America is so cold, get ur coat, gloves, scarf, hat, ear mug
11. wear ur suit when u get on the plane, do not put them into ur check in
12. I only went to 3 interviews, cancelled following IV: Univ. of Vermont,
UMC, Brookdale University Hospital(IM).
13. Thanks for the great help from the friends here:-) great friendship:-)
14. If you guys need any information, just email me:-) I will do my best to help:-)
※ 修改:·knockingdown 於 Jan 11 21:54:11 2009 修改本文·[FROM: 71.190.]