发信人: snowflake07 (bing), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Qs asked by us in IV
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Fri Oct 10 12:26:59 2008)
Hi everybody: Here is the questions that I got from some websites. May not
be very complete. I think we all should do more specific homework about the
hospital that we are gonna go IV with.
Tonight is Friday night. I won't arrange any dinner or movie plan for
tonight and will be available just as in weekday nights. I will go to skype
as usual and call everybody. If you want to discuss the IV, you are all
welcome. During this weekend we will do some mock interview for the girls
who has the earliest IV, so please practice in English.
Thank you everyone for your time.
• In last years E R A S / N R M P match, did you have any unfilled
• Which areas of the city do Residents usually live?
• What is the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment?
• What is the pass percentage of your residency program in the medical
specialty board exams?
• Is there a 24 hr phlebotomy team in the hospital?
• Do you get opportunities to moonlight?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of the residency program?
• Do the Residents socialize and get together?
• What is the makeup of the patient population?
• Have any Residents left the residency program? If yes, why?
• Is your program open to accepting foreign medical graduates (FMG)?
• What average USMLE scores did the residency program accept last year?
• What type of visas do you offer to foreign medical graduates (FMG)?
• Are there opportunities to teach medical students during residency?
• Where do your Residents typically practice Medicine after they
• How do you get feedback from the Residents?
• How do you handle complaints from residents and fellows?
• How goood is the security for the hospital and residency call room
• Any diifficulty in getting a fellow ship from this residency program
• Last year, how many residents failed to get a fellow ship?
• What type of scut work do residents do?
• Do you require the completion of USMLE Step 3 prior to starting
• Do you have a dedicated (PGY-4) Chief Resident?
• Do you encourage your Residents / Fellows to attend medical
• Ask for a sample copy of the residency program’s contract.
• What are your current ongoing residency research projects?
• How much dedicated residency research time is offered?
• Do you offer residency contracts outside the ERAS / NRMP match?
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 143.111.]