PAHopeful (PA-S) 于 (Thu Jun 21 02:47:00 2007) 提到:
I also passed CS. I took the test in the middle of May at Chicago. Problems
and tips I can share:
1. some difficulties to TYPE the note for the first case, so hand-wrote
all the rest. I use to be able to type the whole note in the school PBA(Patient
Based Assessment) sessions. However, that day my fingers became more rigid
and my typing speed dramatically decreased.
2. could not finish the two neuro cases completely and had to leave the
patient in the middle of closure. I think it is almost impossible to finish
those cases due to the time-consuming neuro exam and all the bases need
to be covered for counseling. However, don't forget to to shake the hands
and thank the patient before leaving the room.
3. forgot to do the straight leg raise test for a case that needed it and
felt shameful because of my orthopedic background. Thing happens, so move
on and focus on the next case.
4. No need to be COMPLETE in note-writing, just mention the main things,
especially the positive and important negatives. But be organized.
5. If facing a unfamiliar case, just do what you will do in reality: ask
the questions that pop up in your head and come up the differential. I had
one of this, but I managed to handle it all right.
6. One thing I should have done is to have some time-controlled practices
including note-writing. All my practices were over the phone and no actual
PE and note, and this is partially the reason why I had some hard time with
the first patient: I was still taking the history when the 5-minute announcement
Well one more thing under my belt, I will have the CK in a month.